Are you a person who loves to own a vehicle? And do you want to upgrade your vehicle from fuel to electric vehicle? Or do you want to save petrol? If yes, then this article is purely for you who are in plan to buy an electric vehicle.
An Electric Vehicle is a vehicle that runs or works with the help of an electric motor instead of a combustion motor which works with a mix of fuels and gases. Electric vehicles are introduced in all sectors like roads, water, underwater, air, etc.
HISTORY OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES:
Electric vehicles seem to be new technology but they had a long history. 1st electric vehicles are invented in 1828 but it is just 2 decades that electric vehicles have gained so much popularity.
We also know the rapid popularity of electric vehicles that the undesired climatic changes and global warming and the ozone layer depletion are the major reasons which caused very much awareness in people about the pollution effects then people started to think about an alternative for the fuel vehicles as they understood the main reason for the pollution is carbon monoxide and the carbon dioxides released by the vehicles.
As the population is increasing the number of vehicles is also increasing day by day, so the usage of vehicles is inevitable. Then only the solution is to stop the release of gases from vehicles as it is highly impossible to stop the usage of vehicles. Thus electric vehicles came to light and become much more popular over the last two decades.
STAGES OF HISTORY OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES
- 1828-Invention of electric motor
- 1832-first small-scale electric vehicle produced
- 1881-electric trams introduced
- 1889-electric vehicles hit the US market
- 1900-electric vehicle Increase In Popularity
- 1901- the first hybrid car invented
- 1908-FORD model T introduced
- 1909- electric vehicles took up one-third of the US market share
- The 1920-electric vehicle boom ends
- 1947-first mass-produced electric car introduced
- 1973-new generation of electric vehicles ushered in.
- 13.1975- Sebring-vanguard becomes the sixth largest automaker off the back of the Citi car
- 1979 – Electric Vehicle Interest Dies Off
- 1996 – EV1 Produced
- 1997 – First Mass-Produced Hybrid Car
- 1998 – Toyota Prius Introduced
- 2008 – Tesla Roadster Produced
- 2011 – Nissan LEAF Released
- 2018 – Plug-In Electric Vehicles Skyrockets
- 2020 – Tesla Model Y Released
- 2021 – The Future of the Electric Vehicles
As we know that the electric vehicle is a vehicle that runs with the help of electricity, there are a few types of electric vehicles they are:
- Full electric vehicles:
These are full-fledged electric vehicles that run only with the help of electric motors and batteries that are filled with electric current.
- Hybrid electric vehicles:
These are semi-electric vehicles that have both options like a fuel engine and an electric motor. Where fuel engine can be used at lower speeds and in case of emergencies when the charge is over in batteries and when the vehicles get in trouble in traffic due to the electric motor.
- Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles:
These are electric vehicles for whom the electricity can be charged by a plug.
IMPORTANCE OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES:
- Electric vehicles will reduce the usage of fuels.
- Reduces the release of harmful gases into the air thus pollution can be reduced.
- As fuels are non-renewable resources electric vehicles are the best choice to save fuels.
- As electricity is a renewable resource, electricity can be used happily.
- These are affordable and thus can be used by a middle-class person.
- NISSAN, TESLA, and VOLKSWAGEN are some bigger companies that started manufacturing electric vehicles now.
Electric vehicles have become a too popular substitute for fuel engine vehicles so everyone must upgrade their vehicles to electricity to decrease pollution. Battery cost and electricity are also very cheaper compared to fuel so everyone can afford them so use electric vehicles and decrease pollution give your future generations a clean and pure environment as we received from our ancestors.